Identifying sleep apnea can be tricky. While you may experience symptoms like snoring, you may suffer from sleep apnea without showing any obvious symptoms, and not all snoring is indicative of sleep apnea. Not only that, but many common sleep apnea symptoms – like headaches – can indicate other conditions too.
Fortunately, our dentists at Better Sleep Carolina can help you figure out what’s going on thanks to:
- Specialized Training – Through her membership in the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, Dr. Evie Sabet has access to advanced training and the most up-to-date information on sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
- At-Home Sleep Test – If your initial sleep apnea screening indicates a need for further testing, we’ll arrange for you to take a sleep test in the comfort and privacy of your own home. You’ll find it much easier to relax there than at a sleep lab.
- Partnership With Top Physicians – If needed, we’ll connect you with a physician who can provide a formal sleep apnea diagnosis based on your test results. We’ll work closely with the physician to ensure you get the best possible treatment for your case.
In addition to offering more comfort and convenience than tests conducted in a sleep lab, home tests are typically a less costly way to identify sleep apnea. We keep your care as comfortable, convenient, and affordable as possible – whether you’re being diagnosed by your physician or treated by us.
In many cases, we can treat sleep apnea and snoring with a custom-made sleep appliance rather than a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. The American Dental Association has declared that appliances are effective in treating sleep apnea, especially for patients who can’t tolerant CPAP. The ADA has also stated that dentists alone have the expertise and knowledge required to provide appliance therapy.
Here is our typical sleep apnea identification process:
- We’ll discuss your symptoms with you, examine you, and take a look at your airway.
- If signs indicate sleep apnea, we’ll arrange a take-home sleep test.
- If necessary, we’ll help you find a physician to interpret your test results and provide a formal sleep apnea diagnosis.
- We’ll work with your physician to determine the best sleep apnea treatment method for you.
If you’ve been experiencing sleep apnea symptoms, call us ASAP for a complimentary consultation at 984-228-9510.